Land & Topographical surveys
A topographical survey is a detailed accurate plan identifying both natural and artificial features within a specified area. The plan will show all features such as buildings, boundaries, manhole covers and site levels. The results of a topographical survey are normally delivered in digital format (DWG, DXF). We can also supply scaled paper copies at client’s request.
There are many reasons why a topographical survey will be required, but typically they are used by architects, planners and engineers for the design and planning stages of a project. Whatever the project that you are considering, a thorough accurate survey drawing will reduce the risk of costly downstream mistakes caused by unforeseen issues.
We will work with our clients to tailor a specification and proposal that suits their requirements. Utilising modern Total Station Theodolites, Global Positioning Systems (GPS). Using only experienced land surveyors, delivering drawings to the highest standard.
Survey drawings are supplied in various 2D and 3D CAD formats and paper copies can be provided.
Additional services that we can offer to support your project include measured building surveys, utility surveys, GPR Surveys and CCTV drainage surveys.
TOPO SURVEY FEATURES
- Site boundaries (Fences/Walls/Hedges etc.) indicating type, width and height.
- Roads including kerbs, crown lines and line markings.
- Footpaths, cycleways, and tracks. Verges.
- General changes in surfacing noting type.
- Building footprints with threshold levels and general heights to ridge and eaves.
- Other structures such as bridges, piers, ramps, steps, canopies etc.
- General topography including banks, slopes, depressions, bunds, ditches and watercourses.
- Isolated trees above 75mm diameter (at 1.5m above ground) indicating trunk position, canopy spread and general height.
- Limits of woodland blocks, vegetation and bushes, shrubs and gardens.
- Service & drainage covers.
- Junction boxes / feeder pillars.
- Service poles (Telegraph & Electricity)
- Main overhead service routes with cable heights noted where possible.
- General street/site furniture (Signage, benches, litter bins, telephone boxes etc.).